Isn’t it always the small details that manage to eat up hours of time when you’re planning a wedding? Wedding favours can turn into such a headache! Of course you want it to be personal and memorable and unique but sometimes it’s so easy to lose track of the big picture!
I bet you’ve had chocolates as a wedding favour before. I bet you’ve had pick and mix sweets. They’re perfectly lovely but at Ellie Sanderson we like things that are a bit different!
10 Fresh Wedding Favour Ideas
- Polaroid for the table. A nice twist on the disposable camera because your guests can take a few snaps home with them!
- Wedding speech bingo. Make sure to include ‘So Proud’ and ‘how lucky’, and have a great prize ready!
- Drinks. Pour everyone a shot or bonus points if you plan ahead and make your own sloe gin.
- Heelstoppers or flipflops for the girls.
- Sparklers, most effective when paired with the Polaroid for some fun photos!
- Lego is a great icebreaker on tables where guests don’t know each other. Remember a have a prize for the table who makes the best model.
- Lottery ticket. With any luck whoever wins it big will remember who got the tickets!
- Charity donations. Cancer Research UK have actually partnered up with both Suzanne Neville and Halfpenny London to design favours, so you match them to your dress!
- Customised paper fans, they come in very handy at a scorching summer wedding.
- Perfume or scented candles. Fragrance is known for invoking strong memories, and if you have a fragrance you’re using thought your wedding day, what could be a more personal favour!