Each designer I work with is handpicked for their brilliance and for their unbending desire to deliver the best quality, fit and cut. I am proud to buy many British designers, as the provenance of my collection is at the core of what we do.
As are the girls in my team, some have been with me from the start but each and every member of my team is also handpicked for their personal style and great personality. Ranging in ages from 20 something to 50 something we have a stylist for every age of bride.
Although we are a mixed bunch of glam girls we all have one thing that binds us together. We are utterly obsessed with luxurious wedding dresses, unique customer experiences and we love a happy ending.
ps Left to right are three of my darling girls – Sophie, Jenna and Charlie.
We sold our first dress to a darling girl called Kate only one hour after opening. Kate is now 11 years married with three children and still follows me on Facebook.
By 2009 we were bursting at the seams with a two-month waiting list for a Saturday appointment. 2010 saw me opening Oxford store to relieve some of the pressure but that didn’t happen. Oxford has gone on to be just as busy.
I am a little astonished but totally proud to say that Ellie Sanderson has become the place to buy your dress in the Home Counties. My little brand has become quite a famous name in the wedding world, so much so we have designers keen to get onto our rails and I have even been on Sky TV bringing much fame to our sleepy little Market town.
Brides travel from all over the UK and Ireland to visit us, its so very flattering.
- Wedding Show TV: Wedding Dresses / Ellie Sanderson – Ball Gowns Pt. 1
- Wedding Show TV: Wedding Dresses / Ellie Sanderson – Ball Gowns Pt. 2
- Ellie Sanderson – Collecting Best Wedding Dress Retailer Award at the 2012 Wedding Industry Awards
- Ellie on The Chrissy B Show on Sky TV – Here Comes The Bride (note: interview starts at 15mins 10secs into programme)
- Wedding Ideas Awards 2012 – Best Wedding Dress Shop – Winner Ellie Sanderson