Now talking of travel, I have travelled far and wide and across the world to bring back a unique and personally curated range of exceptional dresses.
Each designer I work with is handpicked for their brilliance and for their unbending desire to deliver the best quality, fit and cut. I am proud to buy mostly British designers, as the provenance of my collection is at the core of what we do. (Its also reassuring during these tough times to buy British Made).
As are the girls in my team, some have been with me from the start but each and every member of my team is also handpicked for their personal style and great personality. Ranging in ages from 20 something to 50 something we have a stylist for every age of bride.
Although we are a mixed bunch of glam girls we all have one thing that binds us together. We are utterly obsessed with luxurious wedding dresses, unique customer experiences and we love a happy ending.
Talking of Happy Endings, we were crowned the UKs top long Standing Bridal Retailer at the end of 2019 – BOOM
ps Left to right are three of my darling girls – Sophie, Jenna and Charlie.
I opened Beaconsfield in 2007 and here’s the story so far.
We sold our first dress to a darling girl called Kate only one hour after opening. Kate is now 13 years married with three children and still follows me on Instagram.
By 2009 we were bursting at the seams with a two-month waiting list for a Saturday appointment. 2010 saw me opening Oxford store to relieve some of the pressure but that didn’t happen. Oxford has gone on to be just as busy.
I am a little astonished but totally proud to say that Ellie Sanderson has become THE place to buy your dress in the Home Counties. My little brand has become quite a famous name in the wedding world, so much so we have designers keen to get onto our rails and I have even been on Sky TV bringing much fame to our sleepy little Market town of Beaconsfield and Woodstock.
Brides travel from all over the UK and Ireland to visit us, its so very flattering.
- Wedding Show TV: Wedding Dresses / Ellie Sanderson – Ball Gowns Pt. 1
- Wedding Show TV: Wedding Dresses / Ellie Sanderson – Ball Gowns Pt. 2
- Ellie Sanderson – Collecting Best Wedding Dress Retailer Award at the 2012 Wedding Industry Awards
- Ellie on The Chrissy B Show on Sky TV – Here Comes The Bride (note: interview starts at 15mins 10secs into programme)
- Wedding Ideas Awards 2012 – Best Wedding Dress Shop – Winner Ellie Sanderson
Our safety protocols
- The Boutique will be thoroughly deep cleaned prior to your arrival, all touch points will be disinfected. We will have ensured every single dress is steamed and fresh.
- We will temperature check you and your guest when you arrive at the studio, I promise this is not intrusive and takes two seconds – it is necessary though, we will also do ours.
- We have a small one page summary for you to read and agree to, this is just setting out our protocols and your acceptance of those.
- We will have full social distancing measures in place during the consultation - don't worry we will show you what to do and where to sit.
- You will be the only bride in the studio with one stylist and the studio will be closed to the public.
- We will be wearing face masks and gloves and ask you and your guest to do the same. We will provide disposable ones for you both.
- We will provide you with endless hand sanitiser but feel free to use your own.
- Your guest, be it mum or your best friend will help you into your dresses so choose wisely. Make sure you choose someone that you are comfortable standing in your knickers with ! When we help you with a dress, we will add a protective visor and we will assist from behind and avoid close face to face contact.
Finally we have a sexy new way of connecting to your bridesmaids and the family that cant join you. That way no one misses out on your special moment.
We cant wait to meet you and we promise, you will get our usual award winning service. (cue the giant list of awards below)
Congratulations on your engagement and thank you so much for choosing us to help you find the dress of your life!
Things have changed for us all recently and my first priority in both boutiques is everyones' safety.
Our "old" normal appointment is replaced with the "new" normal appointment. Not that any appointment here is remotely normal. They are always fun, glamorous, enjoyable with lots of laughter and sometimes tears.
We do however want everyone to feel safe. Our normal award winning client care has just notched up a gear. You will now be the only bride in the boutique with one of us for your entire appointment. The whole place just for you!
We have put in place a set of protocols using the Government guideline. We will adhere to these 100% and ask you to do the same.