One word – YES! This week Joyce shares some words of wisdom on why its important to book a professional.
The benefits of booking a make up artist for your wedding day!
Your wedding day is the one day you want to feel and look amazing. There are so many advantages to booking a professional make up artist, not least of all for photographic reasons.
A make up artist will make you feel relaxed and calm. Having your make up applied is a very calming experience. You don’t have to worry about how it will all look because you will have already had a trial session to ensure you’re happy with the finished look.
- Professionally applied make up will look great photographically and last all day with minimal touch ups. Professional make up isn’t the same as the make up you apply on a daily basis.
- Bridal make up should be flawless! A make up artist will enhance your beauty without making you looked caked in make up. You can have a natural make up look or dramatic eyes, whichever you choose your make up will last all day long.
- Your entire bridal party can be made up by a professional make up artist and you should expect the make up artist to travel to you on the day of your wedding. You won’t have to worry about getting stuck in traffic.
- Make up artists can contour and highlight your face in the right places, use corrective cosmetics to cover blemishes and make your eyes stand out!
- The range of colours in a make up artist’s kit will be far more than your personal kit would have. The artist will have the skill to mix and blend your correct foundation shade to a perfect match of your skin tone.
- Make up artists can give you advice on how to care for your skin so that on the day of your wedding they have the perfect blank canvas to work on.
Choosing your make up artist
Have a look at the make up artists work to see if you like what they do.
- Ask questions – Do they cover your area? How many people can they do on the wedding day? How much time is needed on the day of the wedding? Do they use professional make up?
- Have an idea of the look you would like and looks you don’t like too.
- Ask your other wedding suppliers for recommendations.
Professional bridal make up is glamorous and lasts the day. It will show in the photos when you look back at them in years to come!
Written by Joyce Connor